Join us for a fun-filled, 4-session eco-workshop on how to go plastic-free and protect our oceans from plastic pollution. Kids learn how to sort waste, design their own eco-hero tote bag, create posters to spread awareness of ocean plastic pollution, and even learn to host a waste-free birthday party – all through fun, art, and games!
Ages: 5-10 years
Learners: 1-8 learners per session
Time: This is a 4-session workshop, typically hosted once a week. Each workshop is for 45 minutes.
Platform: Zoom or In-person
Price: $30 per workshop (email for group discounts)
- To learn about the issue of single-use plastic pollution and its impacts on our lives
- To realize what we can do to help and how to make our voices heard
- To help kids build eco-habits so they can learn to be mindful champions of the planet at a young age
Kids will get an age appropriate crash course on the icky issue of plastic pollution and its impact on our ocean and humans and about the actions they can take to make a difference.
We will have an interactive discussion about the importance of individual actions and how kids can share their message with the world.
From decorating their own Kat Kid Adventure Reusable Tote Bag to creating thoughtful upcycled art, kids will learn about the 5 Rs: Refuse, Reduce, Reuse, Rethink and Recycle and be empowered to make a change!
- Computer or tablet with Zoom
- Fabric markers like this
- Cardboard or magazine, something to put inside your tote bag when drawing (to prevent leaking to the other side)
- Kat Kid Adventure Tote Bag (we will send this to you)
The adventure doesn’t stop after our session! After the first workshop, you’ll receive an email with:
- A printable Kat Kid Ocean Pledge to guide kids on their eco journey.
- A copy of the kat Kid Adventure Post, a premiere 8-page, full-color magazine filled with current news, messages from inspiring eco heroes and games to help kids and parents continue the eco discussion at home.